Q: How much does training cost?
A: CDL Class A training at Capital Transportation Academy is $6,500.00. For more on the breakdown of tuition visit our school catalog
(Training overview, fees and tuition are on Page 12 and 13). Capital Transportation Academy – School Catalog
Q: I want to attend Capital Transportation Academy; how do I get enrolled?
A: Fill out the ‘Enroll Now’ on-line form. A recruiter will be in contact with you to start the enrollment process.
Q: What are Capital Transportation Academy’s requirements for enrollment?
A: To enroll with us, we require that you;
- Obtain your CDL temporary permit
- Identify your funding source
- Complete an online enrollment form
- Are 21 years of age or older
- Read, Write, Speak and Understand English
- Hold a VALID Ohio Driver’s license with no more than 4 points* (upon case-by-case approval)
- Pass the D.O.T (Department of Transportation) Physical and Drug Screening
Q: How long is training?
A: Commercial Driving Training at Capital Transportation, is a four (4) week program, totaling one-hundred sixty (160) training hours. Classes are held Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM (this includes a 1-hour lunch break and 2 – 15-minute breaks).
Q: I already have my CDL but, I need some practice in a certain area, do you offer refresher courses?
A: For the safety of our Instructors, we do not offer refresher courses. You would have to enroll in the full 4-week training program at full tuition price.
Q: Do you offer any evening or weekend classes?
A: No. Our classes are held during the day (Monday-Thursday), 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM.